The two main changes in the backend is introduced in this guide: the new menu and the renamed features.
A new menu
First things first, the menu has got a makeover. It has been cleaned up and a lot of tabs have been reorganized and are now sub-tabs. Therefore you might not find the feature you are looking for at first glance, but do not despair, everything is still in there. Here is how the menu is structured:
This is your dashboard and the first thing you see, when you log in to Napp®. A few statistics provide you with a brief overview of the activity in your Napp® solution.
In Publish you can upload and manage your publications. Here you will find the following sub-tabs:
- Publications: Create and edit publications, create folders and organize your publications in folders.
- Categories: Create categories to organize your publications. For more info about the use of Categories, take a look at this infographic.
- App Designer: Customize the layout and content in your app by dragging and dropping modules with content here in the backend.
- Statistics: View Statistics for the use of your publications.
Manage allows you to manage both Users and Teams and view User Journeys, as can be seen in the sub-tabs:
- Users: Create and edit Users, assign them with Roles and add them to Teams.
- Teams: Create and edit Teams, and add Users to Teams. This feature was called Access Groups, but has been renamed to Teams to clarify its purpose. Take a look at this infographic if you are still not sure what Teams are for.
- User Journeys: View Statistics for individual Users and see what actions they have taken in your Napp® solution.
In Engage you can interact with your users and view Statistics for their interaction with your Napp® solution. The features in here are:
- Push Messages: Create Push Messages and view Statistics for the Push Messages that you have sent.
- Tags: Create Push Tags to use for segmenting your Push Messages. Users can enable or disable Tags in the app according to their interest.
- App Traffic: View Statistics for the use of your app.
- Web Traffic: View Statistics for the web usage of your Napp® solution.
Collab is for collaborating with your partners and users. In here is one sub-tab:
- Forms: Create Forms for all sorts of data collection, and view the responses given. This feature is previously known as Form Builder.
Educate is an upgrade to Napp® that includes product training. Contact us to learn more about it.
Sales is an upgrade to Napp® that includes integration of product systems and ordering flows and enables benchmarking of resellers. Contact us to learn more about it.
Below is a GIF showing the difference between the old (dark blue) menu versus the new (light blue) menu. A lot of tabs have been removed from the main menu and have been replaced with a few, simple tabs with large icons.
Some of the features in the backend have been renamed to clarify their purpose. The renamed features are:
- Dashboard, which is now called Home
- Publication Manager, which is now called Publish
- User Manager, which is now called Manage
- Access Groups, which is now called Teams (read more in the section below)
- Form Builder, which is now called Forms
Infographics: How to use Teams and Categories
A lot of our clients were having trouble using Access Groups. One of the major feature changes in the new Napp® is the Access Groups have been renamed to Teams. We've created some infographics to help clients understand the new Teams and Categories. You can see the infographics here:
In case you have any further questions to the new design of the backend, feel free to reach out to us.