What you will get
Roles give you flexibility. They allow you to customize and adjust the rights of your users in Napp to fit your organization. E.g. it might not be relevant for all your coworkers in marketing to be able to create users, or maybe you would like an external consultant to access your Napp solution with limited rights. All of that you can set as you like with roles.
What you need
When creating a role for the first time you must be a Napp admin. Later on you can add this permission to more roles, and thereby allow other users to create roles. If you are not familiar with roles yet, we recommend that you start out with taking a look at our infographic, which visualizes the purpose of roles and how to use them.
What to do
- In the administration's main menu, click Manage and navigate to Roles.
- Click the + New button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Give your role a Name, for example Marketing Managers or Sales Reps.
- Toggle the Default Role button to yes, if you would like this role to be the role your app users are automatically assigned to, when signing up in the app.
- Add a Description if you like.
- Choose the App Permissions of the role. If you would like people with this role to be able to share content with clients via the app, then select the Content Sharing permission.
- Choose the Administration Permissions of the role. These permissions are the actions that the role can perform in the back-end, and since there are many, they are listed in sections according to the sections in the back-end.
- When you have ticked off the permissions needed for the role, scroll to the top and click the green Save button, and you are done! Click + Save and New, if you would like to create one more role right away.
Now it might be time for you to add some of your colleagues as users of Napp.